Beginning Wednesday, March 6, 2019, Riviera Utilities will begin taking applications to fill a job vacancy for Ground Worker to Apprentice. We are considering applicants with qualifications in the following range with salary commensurate with education and experience.
MIMIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Ground Worker)
• Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must obtain a Forklift License within a year of hire. Must be certified in Pole Top and Bucket Truck Rescue after 6 months of hire.
QUALIFICATIONS UP TO (Apprentice IV)
• High School Diploma or an acceptable equivalency diploma (GED) and five (5) years of experience with a utility company building and maintaining distribution and transmission circuits, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The following certifications are required: CPR, First-Aid, and Pole Top and Bucket Truck Rescue Certifications. Experience in operating excavating equipment, backhoes, and chainsaws is required.
REQUIRED OF ALL LINE CLASSIFICATIONS:
• Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Driver’s License within 60 days of employment. If 21 years of age or older, applicant must obtain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 1 year after the date of hiring. If less than 21 years of age, applicant must have a valid Driver’s License and, within 1 year after becoming 21 years of age, applicant must obtain a valid CDL.
Applications will be accepted for this open position through Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Interested individuals should go to our website at www.rivierautilities.com to review the Job Description for this opening, click on the Application link, complete the application, and submit it by the deadline.
In Compliance with the Alabama Immigration Law, Riviera Utilities participates in the Federal E-Verify Identification Program.