The Baldwin County Sales & Use Tax/License Inspection Department holds a quarterly taxpayer workshop for new and existing businesses. There is no fee to attend, and advanced registration is not required. Some of the items that will be discussed at each workshop are:
• What types of businesses are subject to State of Alabama/Baldwin County Business Licenses
• When Business License fees are due
• What types of businesses are required to obtain a tax account with Baldwin County • Overview of the taxes that may be applicable to businesses operating in Baldwin County, including Sales Tax, Rental Tax & Consumer’s Use Tax
• When taxes are due
• Penalties that may apply to delinquent tax returns
• What types of businesses may be eligible for exemptions
An open floor question and answer session will take place at the conclusion of each workshop. We look forward to your attendance and participation!